London Gallery Half Term Guide
Our Year 12 History of Art students Magnolia, Clem, Clemmie and Nyla have put together this fantastic carefully curated guide to London Galleries. We hope it inspires you to see some art over half term!
Our LONDON OCTOBER HALF TERM GALLERY GUIDE:
Legal Lab Live: Indigenous Sovereignty in the Metaverse
Online-will need a twitch account
Thu 20 Oct 12-1pm BST
-It is streamed live and audience can ask questions during
-Exploring how the metaverse can support Indigenous Cultural and Intellectual property
-Serpentine Arts Technologies work with artists to create new understandings and knowledge of advanced technologies. Artists are researching and interrogating these new emerging technologies. This exhibition focuses on commissioning and research as well as development in an artist-led display.
All exhibitions are £22 entry and free for members. If you are aged 16-25, sign up to Tate Collective for free to get £5 exhibition tickets.
- Cezanne exhibition available until 12 March 2023. This focuses on the life of Paul Cezanne and how his initial struggle into the art world led to his global success. This exhibition features many works shown for the first time in the UK.
- Maria Bartuszová exhibition available until 16 April 2023. Bartuszová is a Slovak sculptor who uses plaster casting in the majority of her work. She experiments with different ways of moulding plaster, either by hand or through a mould. Her young daughter influenced a lot of her work, especially with balloons.
- Delta Gamma exhibition, 21 October – 18 November, Gallery 3
- Presented by Contemporary Art Academy, DELTA GAMMA is an exhibition of works created by recent academy alumni. Reflecting the global nature of online education, DELTA GAMMA showcases 35 contemporary artists from Ireland, Israel, the Netherlands, Russian Federation, Taiwan and the United Kingdom. FREE
- Modern Landscapes- New Works by Stanley Donwood
- 21 October – 21 November 2022, Gallery 4
- A solo exhibition by Radiohead collaborator Stanley Donwood of never-before-seen drawings and iconic Sacred Landscape paintings made for Glastonbury Festival. FREE
– Friday Forum: Fashioning Masculinities (Friday 28th October) Historically, men’s fashion has been subjected to strict rules and codes of conduct which speaks volumes about their rank and identity in society. Today, ideas of masculinity are changing in fashion as in society! Standard – £20, Under-26 – £10 Ticket price includes a drink.
– Hallyu! The Korean Wave Exhibition ( On now until sunday 25th June 2023) The Korean Wave showcases the dynamic and colourful culture of South Korea. Explores the makings of Korean Wave and it’s global impact on the creative industries.
Discount for under 26, Standard is £20
LGBTQIA+ TOURS AT TATE BRITAIN, Tate Britain, Millbank
29 October 2022 at 11.00–12.00
2 November 2022 at 11.00–12.00
Free tours aimed at investigating the Tate’s collection considering gender, identity and sexuality.
11 October–12 November 2022, Victoria Miro Gallery, 16 Wharf Road, London N1 7RW. FREE
Fascinating look at different portraits by renowned figurative artist
Alice Neel of the same sitter.